How do you Moodle? Improving the student experience
December 15, 2010
Our study will then produce a report detailing students’ behaviour and guidelines on which teaching practices will improve the learners’ experience.
Our objectives are:
- To identify a list of most common tasks currently performed by students in VLEs.
- To conduct user study on NCI’s VLE (Moodle) including eye-tracking, usage observation and interview.
- To produce a report on students’ experience, highlighting usability issues and suggesting areas of improvement.
- To produce a booklet with instructional guidelines for lecturers on how to improve the use Moodle in their teaching practices.
- To conduct development workshops for NCI facutly to advise them on how to integrate recommendations into current learning and teaching practices.
- Through research and practitioner networks, make results of this study (lessons learned) available to other interested stakeholders, other HEA institutions, VLE and Moodle Learning and Teaching Networks.
This research is funded by NAIRTL and will run from Nov 2010 to June 2011