June 12, 2009
Before starting a blog, I was interested in what other people had to say about usability and blogging and came across the following interesting articles:
- Twenty usability tips for your blog from ‘I’d rather be writing..from Tom Johnson’
- Weblog Usability: The Top Ten Design Mistakes from Jakob Neilson’s Alert Box
Some of my favourite tips from these websites are:
- Include a photo and make things visual!
- Make headlines descriptive
- Archive by topic (not date)
- Post often
- Make as many links as you can and tell people where they are going
- Don’t forget that you could be writing for your future boss..
And in spirit of the tip number 6 ‘keeping posts short and to the point’, I’ll be off now…